Fairyland School Hybrid Learning Plan
The following schedule will apply to all PreK-5th grade Fairyland School Classrooms:
Please note: This is a change from the previous information that went out from the school district concerning the duration of this hybrid schedule. The new hybrid schedule for FES will begin on Monday, November 30 and continue thru Friday, December 4. The school district will monitor school-by-school data and make a community announcement by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, December 2 about the plan for the next two weeks and whether we will move back to a full 5-day week or continue with the hybrid schedule. Going back to a full 5-day week will be decided on a school-by-school basis after examining each school's data and will only apply to the elementary schools in Walker County.
The Hybrid Schedule will consist of 2 COHORTS and will be based off each student’s last name)
If your child’s last name starts with A-K, then your child is in cohort A
- Cohort A will come to school on Monday and Tuesday for in-person instruction.
If your child’s last name starts with L-Z, then your child is in cohort B
-Cohort B will come to school on Thursday and Friday for in-person instruction
Wednesday’s will be an at-home virtual day for all students and each teacher will communicate their daily schedule.
No students report for in-school learning on Wednesday's.
Families with multiple student last names need to pick ONE Cohort and contact the school with your choice of Cohort A or B. Please email makogilchrist@walkerschools.
On school days that the students do not attend with their Cohorts, students will be given assignments to be completed online and/or in a homework packet assigned by the teacher.
● Meals for our virtual students can be ordered through November 23 and picked up on November 30.
● Meals for virtual students must be ordered weekly; effective the weeks of December 7-December 18, meals for virtual students will be picked up one time per week on Wednesday.
● Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided and sent home with Hybrid Cohort A (students who attend in-person Monday and Tuesday) on Tuesday-no order is required for these meals.
● Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided and sent home with Hybrid Cohort B (students who attend in-person Thursday and Friday) on Friday-no order is required for these meals.
● Please see this information and ordering instructions and times for pick-up on the WCS School Food Service website www.walkerschoolnutrition.com
Chrome books are available for every child and were sent home on Friday, November 13.
Virtual students with Miss Scott, Ms. Giddens, and Mrs. Edwards will remain online but follow the cohort schedule provided by each teacher.
After-Care – will still be offered until 5:30pm to those students that are here on Cohort A and B days. There will be no after-care on Wednesday’s
Bus Transportation – buses will run on a normal schedule.
This is the approved calendar by the Walker County School Board for FY21
Click here for information regarding Student Enrollment
Breakfast and Lunch Menus